Wednesday, January 7, 2015

ACIM Daily Poem for Lesson 7 • January 7th

Please Read ACIM Lesson #7
I see only the past

Every memory I retrieve
Comes from something I believe,
And all things that I perceive
Come from illusions that deceive.

Time's moving fast,
Like a cosmic blast --
I'm feeling harassed,
Each question's been asked,
And here's the answer at last:
All we see is only the past.

This is why we always try
To cling to things gone by --
If we can't see anything
How can they mean anything?

Each image is a sacred cow,
And the meaning isn't here right now --
We're all musicians in a band,
Playing songs we don't understand.

No wonder I'm feeling annoyed,

Living with illusions in the void --
My search for truth is burning --
I'm unlearning all my learning.


Nature abhores the vacuum in my heart,
So I will do my part
And make a fresh start --
Let God His knowledge impart --
This will set me apart,
And make my life a work of art.

But still no matter how hard I try,

Every thing I see has already gone by.


From "Songs for Miracles -- ACIM Daily Poems"
© Leo Vidal, 2014, All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment