Thursday, January 8, 2015

ACIM Daily Poem for Lesson 8 • January 8th

Please Read ACIM Lesson #8
My mind is preoccupied with past thoughts.

To the past my thoughts are tied,
So now my mind is occupied --
My vision needs to be more wide --
The things I see already died.
Can I be free? I've tried and tried,
But my brain is too preoccupied.

I pretend I'm having a ball,
But I'm not really happy at all --
I thought I answered the call,
But instead I took the fall --
This can happen to one and all.

Racing through my brain,
Like a runaway train,
Are thoughts of the past
That will never last.

With a scalpel and suture
I must cut out the future --
I have to learn how
To live in the now.

I need new eyes
That will recognize
Why time always flies
Into unseen skies.

My eyes are blinking
But I'm still not thinking --
From the truth I'm shrinking --
Is my ship now sinking?

Though my mind will resist,
I know I will persist
Till my name's on God's List --
If I get a slap on the wrist,
It's better than being hit with a fist,
And seeing things that no longer exist.

God, please help me see what's true --
Please make my mind and soul anew,
So now and forever, I love only You!


From "Songs for Miracles -- ACIM Daily Poems"
© Leo Vidal, 2014, All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment