Wednesday, January 21, 2015

ACIM Daily Poem for Lesson 21

Please Read ACIM Lesson #21


 I am determined to see things differently.

Everything I see
I want to see 
More carefully.
Oh God, please
No longer keep
The truth from me --
I want to see
So differently.

Please take from me
What I believe --
I ask you God, oh please --
It's not a matter of degree --
Slight anger or injury --
I want to see things differently.

Oh God, it's hard to recognize
What I can't see with my own eyes,
And it's not justified --
I won't be mollified,
At least I've tried,
Now I'm preoccupied
By what's not dignified.

You simply can't take back
Your words used to attack,
And you don't need a crystal ball
To see the writing on the wall:
Though your attack seems small,
Pride comes before the fall.


From "Songs for Miracles -- ACIM Daily Poems"
© Leo Vidal, 2014, All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment