Monday, January 5, 2015

ACIM Daily Poem for Lesson 5 • January 5

Please Read ACIM Lesson #5
 I am never upset for the reason I think

I search my mind
For the thousandth time,
But still I forget
Why I'm so upset.

Things I'm feeling
Have me reeling,
But what makes me mad
Is not something bad.

My mind has mislaid
What makes me afraid,
But I'm really zealous
When I'm feeling jealous.

The things in my brain
Are all the same,
But each form I see
Looks different to me.

I start to worry
When I'm in a hurry --
If I'm feeling ecstatic
Then it's symptomatic --

It's time my eyes peel
Away what's not real --
I need to know why
I just want to cry.

If I'm feeling depressed,
Something must be repressed,
And it's so hard to know
What to keep and let go.

I'm not in sync,

Need to see a shrink,
And barely have time to blink.

I'm on the brink, 
Not in the pink,
And my heart will sink 
If I take a drink --
But I'm never upset for the reason I think.



From "Songs for Miracles -- ACIM Daily Poems"
© Leo Vidal, 2014, All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment