Saturday, January 24, 2015

ACIM Daily Lesson Poem for Lesson 24

Please Read ACIM Lesson #24

I Do Not Perceive My Own Best Interests

Dear God please open my mind
To do Thy Will, not mine --
It's taken me way too long
To see my perceptions are wrong.

Please take away restrictions
Caused by my own convictions --
All I see is a travesty,
Caused by my dishonesty.

Doing what's right is now my goal,
But I feel like I'm sitting in a hole.
I have to confess I'm out of control --
God please show me my chosen role!

What I want can't be bought --
All my efforts go for naught --
Can my mind even be taught?

In every earthly situation
What we feel is infatuation --
It's all a puzzle that's unsolved,
And what we want is unresolved.

Please give me what is best for me,
And take away the rest for me.
Please open up my mind for me
And spare a little time for me.



From "Songs for Miracles -- ACIM Daily Poems"
© Leo Vidal, 2014, All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment