Friday, August 7, 2015

ACIM Daily Poem for Lesson #219, August 7th

Please Read ACIM Lesson #219

I am not a body. I am free.
I am God's Child. Be still, my mind, and think a moment upon this. And then return to earth, without confusion as to what my Father loves forever as His Child.

Though truth lies in it,

The body's just a limit --
We use it for frustration,
And not communication.

But when you know your power,
On you God's Love will shower --
You'll see you're a body no longer,
And your mind will just grow stronger.


The ego lives in constant fear
Because it holds the body dear,
But Spirit makes it disappear,
And fills you with joy and good cheer.

You will be freed of it

When Spirit has no need of it --
You may as well concede to it --
You have agreed to it,
And no longer need to bleed for it.

And you will be thrilled --
With love you'll be filled --
When your ego is killed 
And your soul is fulfilled.

You've committed no offense,
So feeling fear is nonsense --
You will live in innocence,
And you will have deliverance .

So learn your true story --
Though death is just illusory,
Life is not just foolery --
You're more than just a body --
You'll live with God in unity,
In joy through all eternity.

Joined in Spirit we'll always be --
We're not just bodies, we are free --
The Truth of God I finally see:
I am as He created me.



From "Songs for Miracles -- ACIM Daily Poems"  
© Leo Vidal, 2014, All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment