Thursday, August 6, 2015

ACIM Daily Poem for Lesson #218, August 6th

Please Read ACIM Lesson #218

Only my condemnation injures me.

My condemnation keeps my vision dark, and through my sightless eyes I cannot see the vision of my glory. Yet today I can behold this glory and be glad.

The illusions I see
Will hurt only me,
But nothing injures me
When I am free.

Illusions aren't true,
And they hurt only you,
But that's nothing new --
There are very, very few
Who know what's really true.

We need no mercy --
We're not unworthy --
We are deserving --
God we are serving.

Every passing fad
Will make you mad
If your heart is sad,
But God's your dad,
So you should be glad.

On this planet earth
God has made new birth --
His Truth is surging --
All minds are merging.


Since we are all One
We should have much fun --
We're in it together --
We will live forever.

It's time to see glory
In every human story --
Condemnation injures me,
But forgiveness sets me free.

Forgiveness ends bad dreams,
Where nothing's what it seems --
We live out ancient themes
And awaken ancient dreams.

But forgiveness will heal
What bad thoughts conceal,
So learn how to feel
And end your ordeal --
Illusions aren't real.

Joined in Spirit we'll always be --
We're not just bodies, we are free --
The truth now I finally see:
I'm still as God created me.


From "Songs for Miracles -- ACIM Daily Poems" © Leo Vidal, 2014, All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment