Wednesday, August 5, 2015

ACIM Daily Poem for Lesson #217, August 5th

Please Read ACIM Lesson #217

It can be but my gratitude I earn.
“Who should give thanks for my salvation but myself? And how but through salvation can I find the Self to Whom my thanks are due?”


Often we act in blindness
When we think to act in kindness,
But it shows the wrong attitude
To seek external gratitude.
Giving is its own reward --
The only gift we can afford.

God's gifts are better than the rest --
All things He gives are blessed --
Giving freely is our test,
When we do it, we're the best.

With gifts the road to Heaven is paved  --
This is how we will be saved --
It proves how holy we've behaved,
No longer by this world enslaved.

We're each God's daughter or son,
And must learn to forgive everyone --
When we forgive the world and give salvation,
We will finally share in God's Creation.

We will never taste defeat
Once we're made complete,
Since our sacred, chosen role
Is at last to be made whole.

We will live ideally,
Once we feel love deeply --
Give your gratitude freely,
So you can live completely.

Immersed in Spirit we shall be --
We're not just bodies, we are free --
God's Truth now I can finally see:
I'm still as God created me.


From "Songs for Miracles -- ACIM Daily Poems"
© Leo Vidal, 2014, All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment