Friday, July 31, 2015

ACIM Daily Poem for Lesson #212, July 31st

Please Read ACIM Lesson #212

I have a function God would have me fill.

I seek the function that would set me free from all the vain illusions of the world. Only the function God has given me can offer freedom. Only this I seek, and only this will I accept as mine.


You know that you’re really livin’,
When your purpose in life is God-given.
Step by step on the road to Heaven,
YOUR function in life is to be forgiven,
And to forgive all wrongs you think you're given.

Your purpose is what you need to find
To free yourself from the chains of time --
You'll be joyful, loving and kind,
And know your body's not home to your mind.

Once you learn to really forgive
You can start to really live --
Then you'll know the freedom
Of living in the heavenly kingdom.

Walk free from your earthly prison --
This is the gift that God has given --
Every sin has been forgiven --
You will forever live in Heaven,
Where every prisoner has earned release,
And every soul has inner peace,
Where mortal bindings are cut with a knife
Once you know your purpose in life.

Forgiveness shines its light
And opens every eye shut tight --
You learn God's power and might,
And you are filled with delight,
Since every day of your life
Is suddenly made all right.

Joined in Spirit we'll always be --
We're not bodies -- we are free --
The truth now I can finally see:

I'm still as God created me.



From "Songs for Miracles -- ACIM Daily Poems" © Leo Vidal, 2014, All Rights Reserved

1 comment: