Tuesday, February 24, 2015

ACIM Daily Poem for Lesson 55, February 24th

Please read ACIM Lesson 55 first: 

NOTE: This lesson is a review of lessons 21 - 25:
 (21) I am determined to see things differently. (22) What I see is a form of vengeance. (23) I can escape from the world I see by giving up attack thoughts. (24) I do not perceive my own best interests. (25) I do not know what anything is for.

I am determined to be
Completely safe and free,
So truly I must see
This world differently.


My earthly dreams are so unreal,
This I know and sometimes feel --

Whenever I perceive God,
I finally believe God.


We see a world of death,

   Breathing our last breath,
But we need to make a change --
   This world is just deranged.


What we see as the norm
   Is the vengeance form --

Attack thought? Give it up,
I you want to live it up.

It's not a world of lack,
So God's course I will tack,
And I'll never go back,
With no need to attack.


I want to know what's best for me,
But only God sees the best in me --
Did He make this world as a test for me?


Forgiveness is the love we make --

Forgiveness is the gift we take --
Forgiveness gives us peace and joy --
An army of love does it deploy.

God's Love is what we never lose --
   He's made us an offer we can't refuse --
Forgiveness is something we have to choose --
   Failure to do this, we can't excuse.

If we see this world as frightening
Then insanity's grip is tightening,
But if we see the world as brightening,
Then our burdens will be lightening.

I think I know the truth,
And I think I have the proof,
But I must say it once more:
I don't know what anything is for.



From "ACIM Daily Poems"
© Leo Vidal, 2014, All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment