Friday, February 20, 2015

ACIM Daily Poem For Lesson 51, February 20th

Please read ACIM Lesson 51 first:
CLICK HERE

NOTE:  This lesson is a review of lessons 1 - 5: (1) Nothing I see means anything. (2) I have given everything I see all the meaning that it has for me. (3) I do not understand anything I see. (4) These thoughts do not mean anything. They are like the things I see. (5) I am never upset for the reason I think.



If I see nothing,
But judge everything,
My life has no meaning
Like a bird that can't sing.

It seems so demeaning
When thoughts have no meaning --

Will my heart stop beating,
And will I stop breathing?


If I'm truly going to Be,
Then I must learn to see
That judgment has no validity,
And my world has no reality –


It's all meaningless to me --
I've given all the things I see
The meaning that they have for me.

This meaning I'll withstand,
Because I am a simple man,
And never really understand
What's real and what is not --
Or even my own mistakes of thought.


Mistakes are like the things I see,
But things are not my enemy --
When this I finally recognize,
I will see with holy eyes --
And become a little wise.

If I will let God in,
Then I will have no Sin --
I'll see with holy vision,

And finish my holy mission.

When I let God's Love fill me,

My own thoughts won't kill me --
So I must be finally willing
To release thoughts that are killing.


My beliefs have taken me for a ride
But my anger's no longer justified --


When I think with God I really think,
But usually my thoughts just stink --

When I see with God I never blink,
And I'm never upset for the reason I think.


From "ACIM Daily Poems"
© Leo Vidal, 2014, All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment