Saturday, February 21, 2015

ACIM Daily Lesson Poem 52 for February 21st

Please read ACIM Lesson 52 first:  


NOTE:  This lesson is a review of lessons 6 - 10:
(6) I am upset because I see something that is not there. (7) I see only the past. (8) My mind is preoccupied with past thoughts. (9) I see nothing as it is now. (10) My thoughts do not mean anything.


We remember the stories
Of our past glories,
But things we look upon
Are not really gone.

When we see what's true 

   We see what's best --
If you live in the present,

   You're truly blessed.

When my world is built on confusion,
My reality becomes an illusion --

Although I see things that don't exist,
The Truth of God I always resist --
Things that upset me are not really there,
But the 
Love of God is everywhere.

Why am I pre-occupied
With things that have died?
I've tried and tried,
I've wept and cried,
Yet God has only sighed.

In His care He has kept me,
As I cling to what's empty --

Being the subject of derision
Has cost me true Vision --


Therefore I must choose 

   What God wants me to see,
And what I choose to see 

   Will be 
      His Reality.

But I'm not a debater
   Nor an instigator --
I'm merely a co-creator.


Reality is not perverse,
   And could be much worse:
My thoughts make up my Universe.





From "ACIM Daily Poems"
© Leo Vidal, 2014, All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment