Wednesday, December 31, 2014

If God Could Dream


You are as perfect as God ever dreamed,

Or could have dreamed,
If only He could be in my eyes,
And see you as I see you now.

Even though you are gone
You are with me always,
In my heart and in that secret place
Where no one ever goes
Or has ever gone.

Yet we will go there together again,
And be as one --
   True Love
That was meant to be,
Since the beginning of time 
   And eternity.

We can only exist in each other's arms,
Even though those arms are too far apart
To even mean a thing to those who wait,
For waiting is the dullest roar
Of any lion who ever lived.

And yet I wait for you,
And I will wait forever,
For never again will I see such perfection,
And in that perfection is my dream,
And in that dream is you.

No comments:

Post a Comment