Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Poem for the End of the Year


You are welcome to come,
Deliverer of my soul,

For I have been waiting,
(And for all time)
As if it were yesterday --
You have come
Because you were always in my soul.

And I knew I would know you,
And forever appease you and please you,
And then I would see you --
Forever, in your eyes --
And all would be well
And worthwhile.

For now is the moment,
As always,
When eternity shines through our minds,
And we see what everything means, and is --
And what we have been waiting for,
All of these years,
As if it were yesterday.

It is that moment,
When all time stands still,
When all time explodes into the nothing,
Which it is,
When we see the truth
And for the first time,
Look upon the face of God.

And he said "It is good."
So it is now,
And forever shall be.

For that is the cross we bear,
And the truth we know,
And the love in our hearts,
Which ultimately 
And finally,
And even in the beginning
Is all we know,
Or care about.







No comments:

Post a Comment